Looking to build
your business and technical skills, all
while maintaining maximum flexibility and work-life balance?
About the business
I run a small but growing Django consultancy. We help customers grow their business through technology, and our toolset is everything around the Django ecosystem. As a full stack engineer, you will be helping customers with every aspect of their site development and setup - from suggesting ways they can improve their business using technology, to implementing the latest technologies to help them do it.
Our customers are generally small to mid size businesses who need more than a basic site, but don't want to maintain a full development team. We provide the technical expertise to grow their business, and provide the best technology platforms to enable their success.
We are an office-less company - everyone works remote, and at their own pace and schedule. As long as you are willing to occasionally meet over skype or hang outs, and are self directed, you can be successful.
- 2+ years of Python & Django
- 1+ years Database knowledge, Postgres preferred.
- General sysadmin and deployment skills (You don't mind diving into Nginx or Apache configs on occasion, for example)
- familiarity with Git
- An inner drive to be the best engineer you can be
- An interest in business, and helping others improve
- Top notch communication skills
- Great leadership skills
- Self directed, and self motivated.
Other things to know
- I am currently managing all
client work myself, and looking to offload some coding work.
- I am looking for approximately 10 hours per week, though this will fluctuate based on client requests.
- You can work from anywhere - any country, any timezone, as long as you are willing to meet weekly during EST hours (can be outside biz hours).
- A resume or a little about your background
- Sample code or link to git repo or other code you think showcases your coding ability
- Your hourly rate