Homehippo.com is an international Real Estate platform with big goals. We want to massively improve the way Real Estate is organized and how people interact with agents and related companies.
We are currently looking for a Python developer with experience with web application development and the Django framework.
This is a full-time position, ~40hours/week (we are flexible on a different arrangement for the first few months). We are looking for developers who will be working from home and ideally to work with us on a long-term basis.
We use GitHub to manage tasks and code reviews.
- Ability to follow standards such as PEP-8 and good software engineering practices.
- Strong hands on experience with Python, experience with Django is important, but we might still be willing to consider candidates with strong Python skills and none or little knowledge with Django.
- Track record of delivering completed projects, preferably web-based
- Good SQL knowledge and databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
- You should be very familiar with Linux and working directly on a server through SSH when required
- Experience using version control software, Git is a plus
- Understanding of code best practices and standards. We also expect that you follow PEP-8 style guide and use tools like Pyflakes and Pylint very often
- Easy-going personality. You will actively participate in design discussions and code review
Please send your application with the following additional information:
- Any important details about your availability that we should be aware of. Note that this is a full-time position (8 hours per day / 40 hours per week). We are usually flexible on the number of hours in the beginning, depending on the candidate.
- Samples of Python code that you have written and are really proud of [OR] any links to accounts such as github, google code, bitbucket or stackoverflow would be great too.
- A list of some projects that you have previously been involved in and that are currently online
Please apply to: email@example.com
Selected candidates will be contacted for a technical phone interview + coding interview.
NO Agencies please.