If working with a sophisticated cloud environment spanning multiple service providers and using a range of technologies such as Python, Django, Docker and many others is what you’re aiming for, then we’d be happy to welcome you to our team as full-time Python Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps for Divio's products!
Start date: According to mutual agreement (Q1 2018)
Location: USA (preferably East Coast)
Divio has placed Django software in the hands of literally thousands of users across the world, through the Divio Cloud platform and the open-source django CMS. Our company offers world-class services and tools that empower agencies, enterprises and developers to build scalable and lightning fast Django deployments.
Is it your dream to work on new ideas and approaches for cloud-based services and products in a fast-paced environment? Wonderful!
MEANINGFUL, SATISFYING WORK
The prospect of working as part of a team to advance the Divio Cloud platform makes your heart beat faster. As our Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps, the overall performance and reliability of the cloud infrastructure will be in your hands and with it the responsibility for all aspects of security, stability, performance and cost-effectiveness of the platform and its related components.
You’ll participate in product meetings and consult with the team on priorities. As an experienced Engineer you’ve mastered professional programming skills in Python and Django, and you produce fully functional programs writing clean, tested code. Your output is of a very high standard, which means you have checked, tested and reviewed your own work, and you are aware of the unpredictable.
In close collaboration with the team you’ll create robust solutions that follow security principles. You’re able to work independently, to manage and monitor your own work, and understand the value of going the extra mile in your work. Together with the team, you’ll manage the entire software development life cycle end to end, and you’ll swiftly answer queries from customers. We follow a philosophy of active interaction with our customers and like every member of our team you’ll assist them with help and expertise. Since you strongly care about results, you deliver your work and achieve your objectives within the given time and budget.
Your proactive nature makes it easy for you to anticipate problems and communicate any risks at an early stage. As a Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps you act wisely and with foresight, you think entrepreneurially, make accurate estimations, and assess the consequences of your actions thoroughly.
If you’re looking for a challenging cloud platform to work on and a position that offers true responsibilities and a great team to be a part of, then this is the perfect place for you.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO JOIN US
Above all, you need to really care about what we do. You want to be a part of our resourceful and fast-working team, and you are able to contribute to our ambitious aims.
- Very good expertise in programming with Python (experience with Django is required, Twisted is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of Docker and related technologies (experience with Swarm/Kubernetes advantageous)
- Very good Linux system administration and optimisation knowledge
- Very good knowledge of the TCP/IP network stack (including UDP)
- Very good knowledge of web-related protocols (HTTP, TLS, DNS,...) and load-balancing thereof
- Experience working with different IaaS providers (AWS, Rackspace,...)
- Experience with backing services such as Postgres (required), Redis, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch, including setup, administration, scaling and monitoring thereof
- Experience working with configuration management software such as Ansible (preferred), Salt, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with zero-downtime deployment of complex web applications
- Experience with Django or other Python-based web frameworks
- Familiarity with git
- Very professional in the contact with clients and a high degree of empathy to assess their concerns properly and rapidly
- Extremely reliable character, able to work independently and to cope with pressure
- A team player, experienced in working in intercultural and geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Experience with django CMS is a plus
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the US.
As well as being part of an inspiring team and having the opportunity to contribute your own unique skills and expertise to it, you‘ll also benefit from an environment where everyone contributes and where we all get our hands dirty to get things done. Your future colleagues are friendly, easy-going, hard-working people who are curious about and stay up-to-date with developments in the tech world, always ready to share their knowledge and support each other to reach their goals.
We foster a friendly workplace of respect and trust, and our team enjoys great flexibility and opportunities for home working. Sometimes we even get the chance to meet abroad as we actively sponsor and attend PyCons, DjangoCons and other conferences. We contribute back to the open-source projects we rely on, with code, financial donations and community support.
Do you think you and Divio would be a good fit? We’d be delighted to receive your application with code examples of your previous achievements (ideally links to GitHub, Bitbucket or other repositories) along with a CV and references.
Information for recruitment agencies: for this position, we only accept direct applications from candidates and will not consider applications from agencies.