Sandbag is a leading not-for-profit climate change think tank that identifies and leverages environmentally effective climate policies.
We expose weak climate policy with widely cited reports and interactive tools.
We like to keep things in-house and do things our way.
Seek savvy developer to maintain existing services and develop new ones.
Feed our analysts data, make online tools, create visualisations.
Webdev, devops, scraping, data analysis.
Services on linux + nginx + gunicorn + django + mysql on a VPS.
We are a small flexible team based at London Bridge. We are data-driven,
analytical and rigorous, but also creative in how we try to get our message across.
This means leading on digital strategy can be a lot of fun; from planning a new technical workstream,
creating an internal tool or envisioning an eye-catching visualisation.
* Designing solutions to implement new ideas
* Lead on our digital strategy
* Improving and maintaining our internal and external digital tools
* Web scraping and data collection
* Website development and server management
* Manage IT services - remote server, email server (Mandrill), webinars, analytics
* IT support and training for the team
* Maintaining our existing services e.g. carbon destruction, our smartphone app data feed
* Commitment to action on climate change
* Good problem-solving abilities
* Proven track record of delivering tech projects to time and budget
* Initiative and capacity for self-directed learning
* Team player and good communication ability
* 2 years of python experience
* Full-stack development experience
Nice to haves:
* django, MySQL, nginx
* Frontend / js
* Experience of working in the NGO / Campaigning sector