We are looking for an experienced Django Web Developer to work on a contract basis who enjoys working on a team and is excited to work on new and diverse projects. We would like to develop a long term relationship with someone who has between 10 and 30 hours per week available. This position requires on site work in our Durham, NC office.
We’ve enjoyed collaborating with our clients on these projects recently:
- PyCon 2014 website: The large, annual Python community conference that Caktus is actively involved with
- Raspberry IO: A website dedicated to learning, building and sharing projects created with the Raspberry Pi
- PyCarolinas logo: We were excited to work with PyCarolinas to create the logo for the first NC Python conference
- SEPC: We worked closely with SETDA to design and build the State Education Policy Center website
- Also visit our Flickr page to see Caktus in action!
As a Django Web Developer, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the development team to get a feel for and learn about the Caktus development process
- Clone Git and Mercurial code repositories and configure development environments running Django projects
- Model and implement intricate data structures relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Create, implement and edit Django templates with compliant HTML5/CSS3 and use LESS/SASS to organize and make CSS easier to manage
- Help setup and run projects in production environments on Linux (Debian-flavor) with Nginx, Gunicorn, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis and other tools frequently deployed alongside Django web apps
- Write complex Django apps following client specifications while maintaining a high level of unit test coverage to catch and prevent feature regressions
- Deploy your changes to development servers frequently so clients see progress and feel connected to the process
- Perform code reviews and use the gitflow branching model to stay in sync with the team
- Follow agile development methodologies and take part in weekly team scrums and standup meetings
Caktus is looking for a professional Django Web Developer who:
- Enjoys working on a small team and is excited to make highly customized web apps
- Has experience working as an independent contractor
- Could visit the Caktus office frequently to become acquainted and collaborate with the team
- Has a strong grasp of Django development techniques and always stays on top of the latest development best practices and tools
How to apply: Please submit your application to https://www.caktusgroup.com/careers/#op-26550-django-web-developer-contractor and include a cover letter detailing your experience.