The Company. DocNav is changing the way people interact with documents – providing unparalleled insights and solving problems users didn’t know they have. After years of struggling through legal documents, we set out to create a better way to interact with them. After a successful launch and a financial raise, DocNav is building a team to help lead it to the next level. The company is located in New York City in the Flatiron/Union Square area.
The Product. DocNav creates a completely unique way to consume legal documents and provides granular data on how users interacted with legal content. It elegantly solves a problem in the legal/financial technology space, but its applications extend across all professional industries.
The Position. You will be the technical lead. The position is a chance to contribute to and shape the future of a unique product with far-ranging applications. Primary responsibilities will be day-to-day development along with helping plan the product roadmap, building out the technical team, and managing outside development resources. Some of the problems you will be working on are:
- Designing and developing new front-end features
- Implementing the back-end to realize these new features
- Working with user interaction data sets to gain insights into document content and usage
- Architecting systems to deliver data to producers of legal content
- Integrating DocNav’s API into third-party services
- Improving our algorithms while preserving the ability to analyze very large documents in real-time
- Bringing machine learning methods to bear on the document analysis
Position Requirements. Strong backend skills are of primary importance, but proficiency in the entire stack is required. We will also explore and implement new technologies in order to solve technical challenges as the product grows.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent education
- Proficiency in the development stack
- Minimum 6 years development experience
- Experience building REST API’s
Nice to Have’s
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with machine learning
- Enterprise experience
Current Development Stack
- Python / Django / Backbone.js
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS (Postgres)
Compensation. Competitive compensation package consisting of salary, equity, full benefits, and new hardware of your choice.
Contact. Please send resumes to [email protected], www.docnavapp.com