Headforwards is looking for a number of Python developers to join an existing Agile software development team.
Developers with commercial experience in similar or related languages (e.g. C, C++, Perl, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
This role will involve working on a very exciting and cutting edge web application in the cloud arena/space/sector for one of the largest companies in the world.
Essential experience and attributes:
- Python development experience
- (or experience with similar/related languages)
- Team worker
- Professional attitude
- Ability and desire to learn
Desirable experience and attributes
(none of these are critical as we can help the right candidates with these)
- Experience of Unix-based Operating Systems
- Understanding/knowledge of relational (SQL) databases
- Some knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Understanding of the web application stack
- Understanding of Agile as a philosophy
- Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience working with development team tools (e.g. continuous integration systems (we use Jenkins) and version control systems (we use Git))
- Experience with XP practises such as TDD and Paired Programming
Monday – Friday
0900 – 1730 with a 1 hour lunch break.
Near Redruth, Cornwall, UK
£25,000 – £45,000
Dependent on experience.
How to apply:
Please complete our online application form.
This is a "Rolling Recruitment Programme" and the closing date for this vacancy is the last day of December 2016.
More about Headforwards:
Headforwards are an outsource software development company based in Cornwall, South West England.
Cornwall is fast becoming a hub for Agile software development.
It is home to the renowned Agile conference Agile on the Beach.
It was also ranked as the second fastest growing Tech Hub in the UK in the 2016 Tech Nation report.
The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that has a well established company culture that revolves around valuing people and being a team.
Take a look at the Headforwards Team Adventures page for an idea of what they get up to.