The Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corp is looking to add a part-time senior Python/Django Developer to help build and expand the web applications we use and depend on.
You will be working directly with the founder, who is currently based in Washington DC or Miami.
Candidates need to have native proficiency in English as open and clear communication.
You'll be working on solving problems contributing code to the open source projects we use, or anything in between. you will be instrumental in directing architecture decisions to exploring new technologies that might better suit our needs and the needs of our members.
We are not looking for a software development “team”. We are looking for one or maybe two very awesome people to grow with us and help build the next-generation news organization.
The stacks we use are: Python/Django on top of Postgres, Ruby on Postgres/Elasticsearch, and Python/Flask on top of Mongo/Elasticsearch with some other technologies sprinkled in.
The front end is a mix modern web tech, REST APIs, AJAX, and deployed to a variety of services including Linode, Vultr, AWS, bare-metal, and more. We using Git to manage code and GitHub for issues and pull requests.
For more information on the primary applications we use please see:
- Provide real world solutions to technical challenges.
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications and scalable cloud-based technologies.
- Solve problems and squash bugs as they arise as we scale and grow our member base.
- Work to integrate new and existing services and products.
- Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework (Python, Django, Ruby etc…).
- Comfort with HTML, HTML5 and all the related tools.
- Experience with an RDBMS, PostgreSW, Mongo and Elasticsearch prefered.
- Command of modern web browsers.
- Experience with version control fundamentals.
- Understanding of AWS, Linode, and server administration.
- Comfortable on a command line in a Linux environment, Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with non-profits/associations a big plus.
- Must be able to effectively telecommute
- An entrepreneurial spirit and healthy sense of humor.
- You should work and play well with others and be solutions oriented.
If you think this opportunity might be for you please email your resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Please reference 'Python/Django' in the email subject line for your application to be considered.