I am seeking someone who has done something similar before. If not, this is probably not for you, I do not wish to waste your time. No agencies please, I want to work directly with a developer.
I need to let 5 people to quickly review, curate, and edit data (two linked models) using the django admin.
Platform is ubuntu, sqlite3 for dev, postgres for production. I prefer jquery or react for frontend code.
I made the models, and have done basic admin customizations myself (list_display, search_fields, list_filter, etc).
But there are hundreds of records to review. Opening each to edit will be a very slow workflow. This team is used to collaborating on google sheets which is very fast, by comparison doing this is very slow.
So I want to make improvements to the django admin:
- edit a few key fields right from the record list page (without having to open and save) using ajax
- popping up more record information on hover, to avoid needing to open each record to find long text description
- ensure all revisions are tracked (presumably with django-reversion), and ideally, can undo
- handle locking so two users to not clobber each others changes (I was considering django-concurrency, but that has interaction with django-reversion). No data loss is permissible.
- speed improvements if possible (load time etc)
To apply, people fill this short form:
Warm Regard, =R