13 MAY 2016
Experienced Django Developer
Lulu.com is looking for an Experienced Django Developer to build the next generation of publishing platforms.
Since 2002, Lulu Press has enabled authors in more than 225 countries and territories to self-publish over two million publications.
With Glass Tree Academic Publishing we bring our print-on-demand publishing expertise to academic communities around the world. At Glass Tree, authors are in control. They own the rights to their published work, set their own retail prices and keep 70 percent of all profits earned from the sale of their work.
Publishing and academic publishing in particular are dominated by a small group of established companies. These companies stifle innovation and exploit authors and readers alike. Our goal is to create an alternative to traditional publishing that offers content creators and consumers a better deal.
Publishing is ripe for disruptive ideas but we are certainly not the only team working on innovate solutions. That's why we are looking globally to find exceptionally talented developers like you.
You are perfect for this role if you have proven abilities in:
- Python and (of course) Django
- Development & consumption of REST-APIs
- Scaling applications
Bonus skills and experience:
- Test-driven Development
- CI, automation tools, DevOps
- Microservice Architecture
- Experience in the publishing industry
- A blog, Github or Stack Overflow profile showcasing what you’re all about
In the next couple of months you will probably work on the following projects:
- an open platform for authors, publishers and knowledge entrepreneurs to create, produce and disseminate their works
- tools for assembling content from hybrid sources
- tools for automatic transformation of content into various analog and digital formats
- - solutions that empower creators through machine learning, data mining and related technologies
- a new kind of marketplace for content creators and consumers
Lulu empowers people of all ages to explore and express their interests, passions and expertise through books, photography and art. Lulu's home base is in Raleigh, NC but you will work with an international team located around the world.
Treating people right is fundamental to how we do business. We treat our customers as we’d want to be treated, we treat each other like family, and we treat ourselves to a good day’s work and a good night’s sleep.
Our goals have always been the same: Have fun, do exceptional work, build the best product in the business, experiment, pay attention to the details, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us, give back, and keep learning.
Why you will make us awesome:
Your skills are more important than your locationResults are more important than perfectionMaintainable software is more important than using "hip" technologiesClear code is more important than a rock star attitudeAbility to learn is more important than years of experience...but years of experience aren't bad either ;-)
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you.