2 JUN 2021
Book Learn Pass is an online platform built to provide driver training resources for learner drivers in the UK. We build apps, guides, and interactive learning material designed to give learners the best chance at passing their driving test. We've helped thousands of drivers pass their test and we aim to continue this as we going into next year.
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing, fully remote team. We're investing heavily in product and our technical capabilities in the next 18 months and we're looking to expand our development team
Working with our CTO and CMO, you will be a key part of delivering new products and executing the current 12-month roadmap.
- Managing our in-house team of developers
- Liaising with the design team to ensure that fundamental errors are not made during the design process
- The ideal candidate must be able to deliver clean, robust code that has the ability to scale
- Analyse performance and provide technical solutions to performance issues and bottlenecks
- Reviewing and refactoring legacy code
- Optimising performance, spotting bottlenecks and improving the efficiency of the system
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Modernising the current information architecture to ensure the platform is ready to be scaled
- 3-5 years in a senior software development role. Management experience would be a bonus but it's not required.
- BA Hons in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics or a related course
- Must have deep expert knowledge of Python (Django), and PHP (Symfony). This is non-negotiable
- Must follow the lean methodology
- The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and someone with the ability to communicate effectively with team members working in different time zones
- Fully remote
- As soon as possible