13 JAN 2020
Senior Software Engineer (Python/Django)
Our mission is to inspire, ignite and grow cause-led movements to shape the future of our planet and everything on it. We create and deliver innovative fundraising and engagement programmes for nonprofits globally.
And we want to help even more. That's where you come in.
Hubbub is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated mid to senior level Software Engineer to join our engineering team and help deliver our market leading fundraising solutions to a rapidly growing number of clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Specialising in the development of our products, working closely with colleagues to determine and build the architecture of new features and the future platform
- Ensuring that Hubbub's products are developed in a secure, scalable and maintainable manner
- Being actively involved in backlog refinement sessions, collaborating with the team to ensure that requirements are understood and stories are broken down effectively
- Owning your work from design through to our customers’ hands
- Collaborating with the broader team to get things done when required
- Always seeking to improve the team's engineering practices
- Striving to keep things simple
- Ensuring knowledge is shared across the engineering team
- Being willing and able to coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Understanding the importance of OKRs, what your team's key results are, and how you can help ensure that they are met
This role will suit someone who is able to see the big picture of what the business needs and how their role fits into that. You will have a positive “can do” attitude and be a team player.
You should apply if you feel you fit most of these requirements:
- You have strong experience of developing in Python / Django
- You have experience with at least one ORM
- You have proven experience with relational databases and SQL
- You have experience with at least one MVC framework
- You have a strong sense of ownership of your work
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical matters to non-technical people
- You have an interest in the latest technical trends and challenges
Bonus points if:
- You have a background in scalable, secure SaaS applications
- You have previous AWS / DevOps experience
- You have previous experience working, or at least a desire to work in, an Agile environment
- 27 days of annual leave + 3 days leave between Christmas and New Year + 5 life days
- Flexible working hours