10 SEP 2014
Senior Python Developer
Gymglish creates new approaches to language learning online. We are a team of twenty-five people based in Paris (France), with satellite offices in Tel Aviv (Israel) and Florianópolis (Brazil).
We have developed three unique language learning solutions: Gymglish, Frantastique and The Rich Morning Show. Each uses an Artificial Intelligence engine that aims to create a daily cocktail of fun, efficient, 15-minute language lessons. The lessons are easily accessible to anyone by e-mail or with a mobile device (we have apps). You should try our products out... right now! (See links below).
As a Developer at Gymglish, you will participate in all aspects of our process: specifying, developing and deploying our software. We develop with Python, MySQL and Linux. We use libraries like Django, Flask, jQuery, Bootstrap, and use RedHat, CentOS, JIRA, Google Apps, Grunt, Less, Reviewboard, Jenkins, Sentry, etc. We love open-source software. We document our code, unit test our functions and peer review our commits.The position
- Software Developer.
- General Python and web development of existing and future products: specification, architecture, development, testing and deployment.
- Project management and interfacing with remote technical partners.
- Possibility to rapidly obtain responsibilities and have lots of autonomy.
What we are looking for
- A developer passionate about creating products and solving problems.
- Very good Python and general programming skills.
- Good and clear communication (oral and written).
- Mastery of English.
- French basics, or capacity/motivation to learn.
- Experienced developer preferred.
Bonus points for
- Experience or interest in mobile application development (iOS, Android).
- Experience or interest in design, usability and ergonomy.
- Experience or interest in Linux administration.
- Mastery of French, or other languages.
- Contract : Full-time position (CDI).
- Location: Any of our three offices: Paris, (12th arrondissement), Tel Aviv (Israel) or Florianópolis (Brazil).
- Compensation: Fixed salary + company profit sharing + other bonuses (and free weekly yoga lessons in Paris).
- Availability: ASAP.
- Contact: Please send CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the location you're applying for.
More about us, our products, sites, apps, team
- The Unofficial Story of Gymglish: 10th Anniversary Edition
- Gymglish.com: English lessons
- Frantastique.com: French lessons
- Richmorning.com: Cartoon-based English lessons for beginners
- Thewordofthemonth.com: Pure content
- Vatefaireconjuguer.com: French conjugation service
- Our iOS apps
- Our Android apps
- Team videos