18 JUL 2022
Full Stack Tech Lead
We are looking for a highly skilled full-stack tech lead to join our frontend team at Stream. Between our Feed and Chat products, Stream provides services for more than a billion end users.What you will be doing
You will lead our web team working on the website, blog, dashboard and back office.
As a tech lead, we expect you to lead by example, drive projects and be hands-on coding on the entire stack.Why Join Stream as Full Stack Tech Lead
We want to become the AWS of application components and currently power Chat and Feeds for over a billion end-users. As a Tech Lead, you will greatly impact our site, blog, dashboard, and back-office.
- Web performance is very important, our target is to hit 100% Lighthouse on all pages
- Large engineering team ~ 50% of the entire company is part of the engineering department
- Modern tech stack
- The engineering team is very solid and talented
- Lead the technical execution on website, blog, dashboard, and back-office
- Manage the development team
You have experience owning large and complex technical projects and know how to lead on a software project. You are passionate about building software and are a master of your domain.
In the past, you built and led projects around full-stack web applications and had a large impact on both backend and frontend.
- More than 5 years of experience as a software engineer working a full-stack
- Experience managing developers and leading complex technical projects
- CS degree or similar/relevant experience
- Familiar with most of our stack
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Strong experience with TDD and testing in general
- Familiar with operating applications in production on AWS or another cloud
- Startup experience
- Prior experience as CTO or as a technical Co-Founder
- SaaS & API products
- Experience managing a team of developers
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
- Python / Django / DJRF / Celery
- JS / Typescript / React
- Postgresql, Redis, RabbitMQ
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- A competitive salary
- 28 days of paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or the option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered and weekly pilates sessions in the office
- A Macbook Pro and, if necessary, a home office setup package
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam or the possibility to work fully remote
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
No recruiters/agencies please