21 NOV 2017
Full stack Python/Django Engineer
PROMETEIA is a leading provider of consultancy services, software and data to the financial services sector, with a particular focus on Risk and Wealth Management. More than 700 consultant, analysts and software developers leverage our deep understanding of the market, regulation and advanced financial methodologies to offer our clients innovative services and software platforms to solve current challenges and better exploit the opportunities which lie ahead
PYTHO is a web platform for advanced data analytics and stochastic model simulations. With PYTHO we want to bring the most advanced methodologies of financial planning, risk management and financial portfolio management on the browser of the end-user with the flexibility and user-friendly experience of an Excel spreadsheet and the power of a high performance and scalable distributed computing framework. PYTHO have already been adopted by some of the major Italian banks and by others important foreign financial institution and we believe that it will have a great market growth potential in the next years.
PYTHO team is a small group of skilled and passionate business experts and software developers. Working together in an agile development environment our goal to develop the best solution for our clients leveraging the state-of-the-art open source technologies.
We are looking for a full-stack Python/Django engineer with the following skills and responsabilities.
- You will report to the head of PYTHO team to lead the architecture and interface design and development of the application using state-of-the art tools.
- Collaborate with our team of skilled software engineers and analysts to help define and build robust, scalable analytics.
- Enhance our software design best-practices, including test-driven development and frequent end-to-end testing.
- Tutorship and education of junior developers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years experience in Python development.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Django & Django Rest Framework.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with MongoDB.
- HTML 5, CSS 3.
- Proficiency in Git, writing test cases and performing code reviews.
- BASH scripting.
- Distributed computing frameworks (Celery, MPI, …).
- Full-stack performance optimization.
- Python scientific stack (numpy, scipy, pandas, cython,... ).
- Scientific/business data visualization frameworks (D3js, Plotly, Matplotlib,…).
Our company promotes and supports equal opportunities (Italian Law 903/77)