15 MAY 2015
Full Stack Python Developer
Rewardz is a corporate perks service based in Singapore that complements human resource (HR) efforts for medium to large organisations. The mobile and web-based platform helps organisations acquire company benefits from third-party vendors, as well as organize company events, handle corporate bookings and deliver customized push notifications for the organisation's HR activities. In just under two years, Rewardz has garnered more than 30 clients, including National University Healthcare System (NUHS). Courts, Crocs, Fuji Xerox, Aetos, SPRING Singapore, and the Public Utilities Board (PUB). Rewardz has also received recognition as "Best in Benefit Technology" during the Benefits Asia 2013 Conference.
In Nov 2015, Rewardz has launched a first-in- Singapore online corporate fitness platform called Flabuless, that motivates users into pursuing healthy lifestyles with fitness challenges that can reap real-world rewards. Rewardz has expanded to Peru in Sep 2014 and has ambitious plans to expand to Indonesia, Hong Kong and Australia in 2015.Responsibilities
We are currently searching for a full-stack Python/Django senior developer ready to bring their skills to a very driven and exciting start-up team. You will work closely with the product owner and mobile developers to continuously build and evolve our back-end platform for Rewardz. We are building cool products in the corporate fitness space and you will be required to contribute and drive this development.
- Plan, architect, integrate, and develop back-end and database driven features using the Python language and frameworks (Django).
- Provide technical advise and recommendations for language and software choices.
- Develop code that is cross-browser and cross-platform friendly.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure all requirements are met.
- Evaluate technologies and manage technical planning.
- Support and ongoing development for existing projects.
- Provide clean code and proper documentation for each project.
- Fix bugs and resolve ongoing issues.
- Strong writing and speaking skills (English).
- At least 5+ years experience developing and deploying web sites and applications.
- Experienced with Django.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM practices.
- Experience setting up and managing servers.
- Experience hand-coding HTML and CSS.
- Custom web based application development experience (startup experience is a bonus)
- Comfortable collaborating with designers, product owner and mobile developers.
- Object-oriented design and development strategies
- Web services/API experiences is a bonus
This is a full-time paid position commensurate with experience including salary and equity options available for suitable candidates.
Singapore candidates will be required to work from our office in High Street Center, Singapore. We are open to applications from other locations who can work in Asia timezone and are ready to travel to Singapore occasionally.