16 MAY 2023
Backend Software Engineer (Python/Django)
We are seeking a skilled Python/Django developer to join our team. This is an onsite role in our Amsterdam office. Visa sponsorship is possible.What you will be doing
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our web applications using the Python programming language and the Django framework. The systems that will be worked on as part of the job include a moderation dashboard, Chat and Feeds admin panel, internal tools as well as the integration of external services.
- Design and develop web applications using Python and Django
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to design and implement new features
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the Python and Django communities
- Monitor production environments for performance and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- 5+ years of experience as a backend software developer
- Strong experience with Python and Django
- Proven experience with architecting/designing and refactoring software systems
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Git and version control
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or in a team.
- Experience with message queues such as RabbitMQ
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with designing and building REST API’s
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
- Complete location and working hours flexibility. If you prefer working from the office, working 100% remotely, combining both, or relocating to our AMS office, you have total freedom to choose what works best for you and makes you happy. We’re here to support you in being productive and feeling part of the team, no matter where you are.
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Remote work flexibility
- A Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or the option to use a company bike within the city
- Fitness stipend
- Monthly in-office chair massages by a professional
- MacBook Pro
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- Parental leave paid at 100%
Note: this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.Our culture
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please