18 JUL 2022
AI Moderation Tech Lead
We are looking for a highly skilled engineer to lead our AI Moderation product. Between our Feed and Chat products, Stream provides services for more than two billion end users.
Internally we have many more technical areas, services and small products.
You will be the technical leader of our AI Moderation API product and be responsible for delivering it to our customers.What you will be doing
You will report to the CTO and be responsible for the execution of the AI moderation API. You will divide your time between managing projects, as well as working directly on the Auto Moderation product and its architecture.
Stream powers Chat and Activity Feeds for over two billion end-users. Our customers come from very different verticals such as: live events, gaming, social, education, telemedicine and marketplaces.
AI Moderation is valuable to all our customers in different ways depending on their industry.Why Join Stream as AI Moderation Tech Lead
We want to become the AWS of application components, we currently power Chat and Feeds for over two billion end-users. You will work on AI Moderation, the most recent product we have added to our product line.
- We do regular outreach, present our results at conferences and publish.
- Work on cutting edge solutions to the hardest problem on the internet.
- Join an impact driven team working to make apps safer for billions of users around the world.
- Shape a new product launching from the ground up.
- Execution and delivery of the Auto Moderation product
- Manage the Auto Moderation & Personalisation development team
- Lead planning, prioritization, and design of new Moderation features
- Ensure the reliability and reproducibility of the machine learning pipeline
You are an NLP and ML expert, in the past you successfully launched to market products or features that rely heavily on ML.
You have experience owning large and complex technical projects and know how to lead on a software project. You are passionate about building software and are a master of your domain.
- More than 5 years of experience as an engineer working on ML/NLP projects
- Experience managing developers and leading complex technical projects
- CS degree or similar/relevant experience
- Enthusiasm for being hands on with development
- Startup experience
- In-depth experience of delivering NLP or ML based products
- Experience with moderation for User Generated Content
- Prior experience developing Saas & API products
- MLOps experience
At Stream we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a short list of the technology that we currently use for moderation:
- Python, Golang
- pytorch, transformers, CUDA, grpc
- AWS, Docker, Cloudformation
- Postgresql, Redis
- Prometheus, Jaeger, Sentry, Grafana
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers (developer positions only)
- The chance to work on OSS projects (developer positions only)
- A competitive salary
- 28 days of paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or the option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered and weekly pilates sessions in the office
- A Macbook Pro and, if necessary, a home office setup package
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam or the possibility to work fully remote
- The opportunity to attend or present to global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents all over the world, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please