Django/Python Developer Contract (Remote or Mpls, MN)
We are seeking a contract Django/Python developer on behalf of our Minneapolis-based client, with global headquarters in Osaka, Japan. The company is a global HVAC manufacturer with operations in the United States, Japan, China, Philippines, Australia, India, Southeast Asia, Europe, and South America (but the work itself can either be done remotely or ideally at their Minneapolis-based office). Work likely going to the end of the year.
Minimum experience requirements
• 5 years developing applications using Python
• 2 years developing web-based applications using the Django application framework
• 1 year using Test-driven methodologies
Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements (programs) software applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification. Designs and implements automated methods to perform software testing. Requires a high degree of creativity and design expertise, turning problem descriptions into appropriate, maintainable designs and coded implementation.
• Analyzes requirements
• Creates new or enhancements to existing systems/software designs to fulfill requirements
• Develops software code in various programming languages, as needed, to implement systems to fulfill requirements
• Performs developer-testing of code to ensure high quality levels
• Interacts with Quality Assurance (QA) professionals to augment test plan ideas and coverage, troubleshoot problems found in testing
• Fixes defects (bugs) found in QA processes
• Prepares user and internal design documentation as needed
• Troubleshoots problems found in deployed production use, as needed; recommends redesigns as appropriate
Please reach out if you're interested!