Backend Engineer (Python)
Who we are:
SQR Systems (http://sqrsystems.com/) is an innovative cyber security company and we are building a trusted secure communications platform for mobile and Internet of Things (IoT). The Ceerus platform enables organisations and developers to create products with our APIs and quickly enter the market by removing barriers around compliance and security assurance. Our patented software technology combines compression and encryption to enable high quality secure voice, video and messaging.
We were named one of the best secure mobile messaging apps in 2015 and one of the UK's 13 most promising cybersecurity startups. We have worked with organisations such as Vodafone, IBM, BAE Systems, UK Ministry of Defence, US Department of Defense, UK and Global banks as well as other UK Government agencies.
Our vision for the role:
The Backend Platform Engineer will design, build and support our secure communications platform. They will be responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying scalable components of the platform that powers our mobile and IoT products.
You should join us if you:
- Are great at developing RESTful services in Python
- Follow engineering best practices such as test
driven development, and continuous integration
- Are familiar with API documentation standards such as Swagger/OpenAPI
- Have experience developing scalable platform components, and understand when and why components of a platform would need to scale
- Can develop clean interfaces for the libraries you write and can keep the integrator in mind
- Are happy integrating third party libraries, frameworks and APIs
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people, and are able to work in small teams
- Are comfortable translating high level requirements into technical designs that can be implemented
Extra talents we look for:
- Experience with configuration management technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Rackspace)
Who we look for:
- People who take ownership of what they do and proactively contribute
- Team players with a drive to deliver, producing work on time and to a high standard
- Independent thinkers who are inquisitive and not afraid to suggest new ideas
- Individuals that are data driven but able to make judgement calls when necessary
Some of the perks:
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Pastries every Thursday, and beer & pizza nights twice a month
- Regular team outings, hackathons, meditation and improv
- Winners of the November 2011 Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award and the Shell LiveWIRE Innovation Award 2012, both of which recognise young entrepreneurs with the most innovative business ideas
- Winner of Cambridge Wireless Discovering Start-ups Competition 2013. That year we also won the Start-up category at the Global Security Challenge, and were a runner-up at Vator Splash London
- Finalists of the Smart UK Project 2014, a competition to find the UK’s most innovative mobile company
- Showcase winners of Innovate 2015, UK’s largest innovation conference
Where you'll work:
We are based in Plexal (http://plexal.com/), one of Europe's leading
technology innovation centres based within the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
It's a state-of-the art environment designed as a mini-city for companies both
big and small to accelerate innovation, complete with a makers lab, events
stage, high street and central park. Within 68,000 square feet, over 800
members converge at Plexal to imagine, design and create connected products
that improve our lives.
If you want to join our team, please get in touch via email@example.com or forward it to your friends.