Senior Full Stack Web/Python Engineer
ParkMe, recently acquired by INRIX, is a global automotive SaaS and DaaS company that helps drivers find, compare, and pay for parking. INRIX is a leading provider of real-time traffic information, connected car services and analytics, serving more than 400 blue-chip customers in more than 42 countries around the world. Our vision is simple – to solve traffic, empower drivers, inform planning and enhance commerce.
We have the largest and most comprehensive database of parking information in the world, and we are constantly developing new ways to show drivers their most complete, actionable options in an intuitive and useful way. We have developed proprietary integrations with hundreds of parking operators, thousands of parking garages, and hundreds of thousands of metered spaces to be able to present the user with up-to-date occupancy and rate calculations.
Not only are we working on a relevant problem which helps real people save money and reduce stress every day, ParkMe is also an awesome place to work. We're located in the heart of Santa Monica, and follow the work-hard play-hard ethos: flexible work hours, dog-friendly office, monthly outings, Friday lunches, etc. We work to an aggressive but predictable schedule, and our testing is good, so deployments are sane and during the daytime
As a Senior Engineer at ParkMe you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the systems that supports us. Our mission is to have the highest quality data available through the highest quality interfaces.
- API – ParkMe provides its own interface to third-party clients with APIs for finding, querying, and reserving parking. We’re currently in the process of revising and updating our APIs to make them even easier to use and integrate into third party applications.
- Backend – ParkMe’s backend is a single application with components for interacting with gates and sensors, processing payments, gathering parking information from various sources, and providing notifications to users and lot operators. Continually evolving and improving this application as well as expanding it is a crucial job here, and we need the best tools and practices to make it happen.
- Internal Tools – The customer service and data departments at ParkMe are the customers of our own internal suites of tools. Our goal is to provide them with the systems they need to perform their jobs with the ultimate goal of maximizing their productivity and happiness.
- Operator Tools – ParkMe provides systems for lot operators to manage their facilities as well as view analytics on facility performance. Building the best tools for lot operators to get actionable intelligence is a top priority, and we will continue to expand and improve these systems with new features and easier to use components and interfaces.
- Infrastructure – We’re completely cloud-based with systems for automatically deploying and provisioning new servers. Even though we’re small, we recognize that the rest of the engineering team are ultimately the customers of the individuals responsible for deployment and infrastructure. Therefore, the goal with our infrastructure is to maximize developer productivity and happiness.
- Data Science – Data science at ParkMe satisfies the needs to several different customers. For the end user it allows us to guide them to the locations where they’re most likely to find parking. For lot operators, it allows us to provide actionable intelligence about the status of their business. Internally, it allows us to process large volumes of data semi-automatically and to win contracts by constantly having our thumb on the pulse of our data.
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Experience with devops, managing servers, and AWS
- Portfolio of previous projects.
- Passion for creating great software
- Track record of shipping high quality products under constraints
- Desire to wear several hats – we’re a small team and often have to play a diverse set of roles
- Enjoyable to work with
Nice to Have:
- A degree in computer science (or at least 3 years of professional experience).
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Own your own projects from start to finish.
- Excellent health insurance (free for employees).
- A new computer.
- Company matched 401k retirement plan.
- Semi-annual bonuses.
- Flexible vacation – take time off when you need it.
- Work-life balance – it’s baked into our culture.
- Did we mention, we are building an awesome product with millions of users. We are solving a serious problem that could help the lives of people all over the world!