Senior Python Developer
As mobile continues to move “beyond the banner” marketers are increasingly looking to companies who specialize in the mobile and connected device space; this is JUICE. At JUICE, we work exclusively in the connected device space. We think that any firm that passively participates in mobile to supplement their core business is not devoting enough time to be a true expert in the space. We are looking for smart people; people who are intelligent and proactive enough to learn an industry that is moving 10x as fast as any other medium. We are interested in people who know that their mobile phone is becoming the converter of their life and who are enthusiastic about immersing themselves in this culture. We are interested in people who know the media world is increasingly moving towards a “release based culture;” one based on innovation, technology, and product development. The aspiration of JUICE is to become the next great technology company. We would like people who aspire to these same types of goals.
We are currently seeking a Senior Python Developer to lead the design and the on-going development of our next generation state of the art mobile advertising platform. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person, who is used to a startup culture ready to take on the challenge of building out a platform that already connects many high profile mobile developers and publishers to the world’s leading agencies and brands. You must be a self-starter and willing to work hard to drive the rapid iterative innovation of the product. You will be rewarded with the unique opportunity to work with great talent and leading edge technology.
As part of a small highly motivated team, you will have the opportunity to design and develop innovative technology solutions for Canada’s leading mobile advertising company.
Roles and responsibilities
· Architect, design and develop Juice Mobile’s next generation disruptive mobile advertising platform
· Help to build, lead and coach a small team of software engineers and testers to achieve technical and business objectives
· Write and encourage clean well documented and tested code
· Contribute in all phases of the agile development lifecycle
· Inspire team members to innovate and code with a sense of urgency
· Work with the business and product owner to produce products with function points aligned with the company’s core strategic vision
· University degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3 – 5 years of experience in server side software development
· Highly proficient in Python (not just scripting) and experience with the Django framework a definite plus
· Solid understanding in object oriented design principles
· Previous experience with server side scalability and performance
· Passion for coding best practices and technical excellence including unit testing and TDD
· Experience with relational and non-relational databases (prior experience with Splunk would be a plus)\
· Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs including REST, JSON and XML
Nice to have:
· Experience with client side frameworks like Angular.js or Backbone.js
· Experience with cloud infrastructure deployments for example Amazon Web Services
· Domain expertise in either mobile, or online advertising
If you are an individual that consistently exceeds expectations, please forward your resume to email@example.com Please indicate in the subject line: Senior Python Developer including salary expectations.