I have nearly two decades of experience creating web sites and applications for customers from small businesses to the extended enterprise. I specialize in user interface archtiecture for web-based applications, including everything from concept to implementation.
I have a broad variety of web-related skills, including strong skills in core technologies such as:
.. as well as support tools:
- CSS extensions such as CleverCSS/Less/SASS and custom tools;
- Version control using CVS/SVN/GIT;
- Compression-obfuscation using YUI/csstidy;
- Image compilation using custom tools;
… and several django modules I've created myself or contributed to).
My professional experience includes:
- Customer needs analysis and information architecture;
- Wireframing and complex task flow design;
- Polished comprehensive design for user interface;
- Design and creation of new support tools and enhancements and patches to existing open-source projects;
- Code design with an emphasis on documentation, readability and maintainability;
- Powerful, layered approach to configuration/customization (“franchising”);
- Design and implementation of legacy application RESTful client APIs;
- High performance delivery (library catentation, spriting, compression-obfuscation, hashed-media and far-future expires, static media server delivery, etc.);
- Worked with legacy software, including interfaces written using PHP, Java, and .net-based technologies;
- Accessibility for users with disabilities (e.g. Section 508 compliance/WAI);
- Documentation of software and tasks;
- Staff training via presentation and courseware authoring/development
I am fluent in English and moderately conversational en français, and seeking short- to long-term contract employment. Full-time employment may be available for the right project and if you are OK with remote employees (travel possible).