Web Application Developer
Over 4 years developing web applications, advocating use of open source software and open standards, with experience in front-end, back-end and distributed architectures. Participant in local python and linux user groups and events. Applies agile methodologies to solve problems in a quick and iterative fashion. Well articulated, enjoys pair programming and software design sessions. Self taught, self-motivated and well versed on web technologies.
Most significant skills
- Python: over 4 years using it as primary language.
- Django: started with version 0.96, been working with it ever since.
- Gnu/Linux: Ubuntu for desktop and servers.
- Web application testing: Experience writing tests with Selenium and twill (scriptable headless python browser).
- Web application infrastructure: Experience setting up and administrating Apache but rather use Nginx+gunicorn.
- AMQP: Ample experience with RabbitMQ using Kombu (a rewrite of carrot).