18 NOV 2020
Director of Engineering for Headless CMS SaaS Startup
ButterCMS is a SaaS start-up delivers value to Developers and Marketers through a headless, API-based CMS (Content Management System) and blogging platform. Butter is a developer-friendly CMS that enables developers to build modern apps while also providing their marketing teams with the tools needed to make website content updates. Our customer base of Software Developers and Marketers come from a widely varied set of industries.
Butter is the #1 rated headless CMS. Developers love us. We exist to make their lives better.
If full stack development and working at a fast-growing startup excites you, then check out this position! At ButterCMS, you’d be joining a small, energetic team with the opportunity to make a big impact. As a Director of Engineering you’ll own all technology, be responsible for the entire ButterCMS platform, and most importantly, ensure that our customers are successful.
Our remote company culture thrives on the core values of Honesty, Respect, and Dependability that define the way we work as a team.
What's In It for You?
You’re doing what you’re passionate about and making a big impact to grow a business alongside the company Founder and like-minded developers and marketers. As a fully remote team, we offer a relaxed, fun, flexible, working environment with competitive salary + benefits. Learn what it takes to build, run, and grow a SaaS business; The sky’s the limit.
- Work closely with the founder on all product initiatives. There’s zero bureaucracy - you will have maximum autonomy and responsibility.
- Own all technology and run the engineering team. Responsible for the ButterCMS platform, marketing site, docs, as well as our open source SDKs and starter projects.
- Ensure 100% uptime and the platform remains performant . On call to immediately resolve platform / infrastructure issues in the event of disruption or performance degradation
- Build out new capability in Django and Vue.js as we grow into the best headless CMS in the market
- Improve platform reliability, security and performance.
- Provide support for technical customer success - many of our customers are developers. Help them be successful with Butter and take their feedback to improve our product. This includes helping our customer success team with level 3 technical support questions ranging from how to best integrate Butter into their app or help with fixing a bug.
- 100% remote. Must be qualified to work within the U.S.
- Eager and able to learn quickly. Self sufficient enough to solve problems. Enjoys and thrives on autonomy
- Excited to be building the company - you love to get your hands dirty.
- Ownership and pride in your work come naturally.
- Experienced at leading an efficient team of engineers.
- Deeply experienced with Django/Python a must. Know how to write efficient code and utilize Django ORM for performant database querying.
- Experienced with Vue.js or similar front-end framework also a must.
- Experienced working with high volume applications where database query optimization and caching (Memcache, Redis, etc)
- Consistently write well designed, testable, efficient code
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Send your resume to jake @ buttercms.com and tell me why you’re the best candidate for this role.