Senior Software Engineer
About the role
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build out and expand our infrastructure. You’ll be working together alongside our existing team of highly energized engineers. This is an on-site position located in Culver City, California. No remote candidates will be considered.
The ideal candidate must bring extensive, expert-level experience in Python. You must also be an effective communicator, possess a high degree of passion for our products, work well in a team environment, thrive in a fast-paced culture, and bring a proven background in building scalable data-driven solutions.
What you get to do every day:
- Solve complex problems from conception to building out a scalable solution.
- Mentor existing and future junior software engineers and provide hands-on assistance and guidance as necessary.
- Spend most of your time coding interesting solutions, API’s, processes and integrations.
- Participate heavily in the design and architecture of our products and internal systems.
- Share knowledge and grow alongside a dedicated, skilled, and highly motivated team of other developers.
- Work in an exciting, fast growing business filled with passionate and friendly people.
- Extensive (8+ years) of on-the-job software engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable solutions rapidly.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale software engineering with focus on data driven solutions and high-volume data processing.
- Proficiency in relational databases and key-value stores.
- Proficiency using industry standard 3rd party tools such as GitHub and Jira.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in systems design with an emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Pluses include Angular, ReactJS, React Native, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, and Swift.
- Reside in the Los Angeles vicinity. This is an on-site position!