Senior Django Developer - Digital Product Agency
We're Potato, a cutting edge Digital Product Design business with a pretty unique culture. Due to growth, we are looking for a Senior Django Developer to join us in our Studio in central London.
We love developing digital products, websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube, Tate to name a few. We are also proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This position will see you take a leading role in our large Developer team. You’ll need to be able to make sound architectural decisions while building complex and highly-scalable web applications. You’ll also mentor and lead developers in your wider product team.
Working alongside Designers, Coaches and Product Leads, you’ll be responsible for delivering the technical side of products by ensuring you and your team produce excellent simple, reliable, maintainable software, meeting user and client needs and timelines.
We’re looking for someone who writes great code, but also enjoys working directly with clients whilst taking a high-level strategic view of the product. We love to hire people who are keen to contribute to Potato’s unique culture and help us to develop our ways of working.
We like to see proven abilities in...
- Building websites in Python & Django
- Using Git (or any DVCS) to manage development in teams
- Use of Google App Engine or a similar Paa
- Engineering for both relational and non-relational databases
- Designing scalable data structures
- Understanding security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them
We also want to talk to people who enjoy...
- Meeting and working directly with clients
- Mentoring and supporting fellow developers
- Working across the full web stack
- Producing high-quality software
- Finding opportunities to optimise and simplify software
- Writing secure and well-designed APIs
- Finding creative solutions to technical problems and user needs
At Potato, we think that technology should improve our lives. That’s why best-in-class software development and human-centred design are at the heart of everything we do. We’re a talented bunch of problem solvers who are committed to finding a better way; delivering smarter products that provide more satisfying experiences and more valuable outcomes for our clients and their users.
Having launched some of the smartest, most scalable and secure digital products on the planet, it’s no wonder we’re trusted by our clients to provide them with the highest standards of delivery in the industry. Our team of experts (we call them Potatoes) collaborate across London, Bristol and San Francisco, to produce work for our rather impressive list of clients, including: Google, Natural History Museum, Tate and the BBC.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Free lunch every day, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Nice laptop and phone
- Pick your own flexible working hours
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity / paternity scheme Gym membership
- Annual team Away Days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers