Python/Django Developer (freelance)
Please note: applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Luminary Labs is seeking an experienced Python and Django development expert or team to support the ongoing use and improvement of an existing proprietary software platform, working closely with the CEO and select staff on a contract basis.
- Support the continued use of existing proprietary software platform, deploying rapid fixes to issues that arise and building a small number of additional features as needed (estimated 5 - 15 hours per month)
- Be on call to troubleshoot issues throughout weekdays, as well as available to support the resolution of major problems on weekends during (limited) crucial periods (3 – 5 times per year)
- Provide backup support to resolve any issues during times when you are not available
- Attend monthly meetings with Luminary Labs staff and/or CEO, with more frequent communication during times of heavy platform use
- Identify vulnerabilities and updates to safeguard the security of the platform and maintain compatibility with a variety of browsers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preference for a small, highly available independent contractor (local or remote in a similar time zone)
- Strong familiarity with Django (minimum 2 – 3 years' deep experience) and Python (minimum 4 – 5 years' experience)
- Ability to make fixes and deploy new features to both front and back end, as well as refresh and improve existing codebase
- Experience working with 508-compliant, accessible websites and/or platforms helpful but not required
- UI/UX design expertise (either on staff or as a trusted partner) helpful but not required
- Product management capabilities helpful but not required
Does this sound like you?
Send your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to work (at) luminary-labs (dot) com and specify “Python/Django Developer” in the subject line. In your cover letter, show us three relevant examples of your work for an executive audience. Let us know your availability to begin work and please include your rate.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. No staffing agencies please.