Software Development Engineers
We are on a mission to create a new kind of financial service. Growth Street is building a business banking platform to support the 5 million SMEs that power Britain.
We’re passionate about helping businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible. We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are something better.
Growth Street engineers are skilled technically, and enjoy working in a team environment and contributing to its success.
We are a rapidly growing team from all kinds of backgrounds. We are deeply ambitious, we work hard and we work together.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We need Software Development Engineers with experience of delivering impactful results by building first rate software applications. We want to hire people who can see solutions not problems and work collaboratively across all areas of the business.
This is a "level 2" or “mid level” role. It is ideal for somebody who wants to focus on doing great quality work and grow toward having a high degree of influence, potentially at a senior level. Typically, mid level engineers are the people who frequently do design work, but spend the majority of their time writing a lot of high quality code. As your role develops you can expect more responsibility for technical design and coaching.
- To help design and to build robust systems focused on extensibility, scalability and availability.
- To apply a test-driven approach to all engineering moving forward, working with the team to this goal, shortening the feedback loop across the SDLC.
- To contribute to a productive, creative and enjoyable engineering culture where builders can do work they feel proud of.
- To work with business stakeholders, product owners and business analysts to understand requirements, develop ideas and design solutions.
- To support production systems operationally and participate in continuous improvement of their quality.
Our tech stack includes, but is not limited to: Python 3.5; Django; PostgreSQL; Celery running in AWS infrastructure;. And, if you answer “yes” to the following questions, then we could be a great match:
- Do you practice the principles around ‘12 factor’ app.
- Do you apply the SOLID approach to everything you do?
- Do you have proven experience of, or a preference for working in teams delivering complex, highly performing and high quality financial services products?
- Are you motivated by the opportunity to transform our django-based applications into extensible, scalable and highly performing services.
You will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrates the Growth Street company values of Being Curious, Being In-sync and Beating Expectations.
Nice to Haves
- Experience within financial services.
- Experience with integrations with various SaaS based financial/risk platforms such as Xero,FreeAgent, Moody's RiskCalc, Equifax.
- Knowledge of Django & Django REST framework.
- Experience developing against a cloud platform such as AWS, with an eye on serverless applications and beyond.
- A competitive salary
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Generous training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
The role is based from our London offices. We are located 1 minute from Aldgate Tube station.