Creative Back-End Developer
C&G Partners is a multi-specialty creative studio, dedicated to design for culture — from cultural organizations to organizational culture. We focus on design and user experience, making sure that our creations are elegant, engaging, seamlessly integrated, and efficient. We do this by creating carefully tailored designs that follow industry standards and best practices, ensuring that our work is not just visually appealing, but also well-built and sustainable.
We follow a rigorous design and development process to ensure the highest quality and we incorporate testing, monitoring, and documentation in every project. In our day to day work, we encourage exploring new methodologies and insights to improve our processes, and we are always learning and growing so we look to each team member to contribute in every way.
We are seeking an experienced back-end developer to help lead projects through the entire design process—from concept discovery to implementation. As a member of our digital team, you will help build applications for both web and non-web projects.
As a lead developer, you will be covering a range of responsibilities:
• Help the analyze project RFPs for requirements, scope, and risk
• Research the latest technologies and services to provide recommendations to our team and our client
• Help translate the needs of our clients and projects into technical requirements and solutions
Technical Project Management
• Help estimate, plan project timelines and resources
• Help communicate complex technical concepts to clients
• Work with technology partners and outside developers with particular specialties, as needed, and help oversee the work
• Develop creative solutions that push the boundaries of interactivity
• Implement custom server-side application logic
• Integrate with third party APIs and libraries
• Test, troubleshoot, and optimize code
• Configure, deploy, monitor, and support server-side infrastructure when necessary
• Three or more years of experience in back-end development
• Experience in full-stack web development, with a good understanding of server-side and client-side performance optimization techniques
• Experience designing multi-tier architecture
• Experience developing RESTful/MVC back-end frameworks, such as for Django, Ruby on Rails, or Symfony (we use Django)
• Experience in making CMS interfaces more user-friendly
• Experience configuring Linux-based web servers
• Experience configuring databases like MySQL or Postgres
• Experience developing custom search, like with Elasticsearch or Solr
• Experience with AWS and other cloud-based services
• Experience integrating third-party APIs
• Developing in other CMSs such as Drupal, .Net, CodeIgniter, Symfony, WordPress, etc.
• Agile development and feature branch workflow
• Continuous integration
• Build automation (we use Salt Stack)
• Familiarity with popular front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Backbone, Ember, etc.
Compensation commensurate with salary history. Please provide resume, portfolio link, and professional references to: email@example.com with "Lead Developer" in the subject line. Email replies only please.