Blockchain and Ethereum Developer
brainbot technologies is working on cutting edge blockchain
We are a major contributor to Ethereum, a Blockchain 2.0 system which supports turing complete smart contracts and is a platform for rapid development of decentralized applications (DApps). The platform also comes with a secure messaging infrastructure (Whisper) and a DHT based storage (ipfs).
Our core product is HydraChain which is an extension to Ethereum for enterprises.
You’ll work on the client core and/or build applications based on the Ethereum and HydraChain platforms. Most of the work will be on open source software.
To get an idea about the tools we are using, please take a look at the code:
As we are relying on PyPy and gevent, we are currently using Python 2.7 but plan to move to Python 3 once PyPy is compatible with Python 3.3.
Note: We do not use Django. The architecture of decentralized applications which are build on top of Ethereum is: local ethereum-node <- jsonrpc -> HTML/JS
While building distributed applications on top of the Ethereum stack might be one of your tasks, the focus will be on core development.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong Python skills
- Experience in an open source community
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Experience in testing and continuous integration
- Attention to detail – awareness that the applications here are mission critical
- Ability to own what you are building and see it through from end to end
- Knowledge of git and git workflows
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Good C++ skills
- Experience in profiling code
- Experience with blockchain technology
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with p2p and networking
How to apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com