Full Stack Web Developer
Side Effects Software is seeking a full stack web developer experienced with Python and ideally with Django.
Side Effects Software is a leader in the creation of 3D animation software. We are looking for a web developer to add features to and maintain numerous external and internal Django-based web sites. You will work in a small agile team alongside other web developers, web designers, 3D artists, and 3D software developers. At Side Effects, you will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the success of our project. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our highly motivated team.
- Implement and maintain Django-based web sites
- Perform both back- and front-end development, with exceptional back-end skills
- Work closely with designers
- Significant practical experience using Python
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Ability to build user interfaces using the latest web standards
- Experience working in Linux
- Experience deploying a web site in production
- Knowledge of how to build secure web sites and servers
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team development environment
- Extensive experience with Django
- AngularJS experience
- Experience configuring and maintaining Apache
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience testing web sites with Selenium
- Interface design skills
- Experience with database performance optimization (MySQL)
Our transit-friendly head office location, directly adjacent to Union Station in the heart of downtown Toronto, is open-concept with a relaxed style that includes flexible hours and casual dress.
Permanent full time, starting as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Full Stack Web Developer (Toronto)".
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Resumes will be kept on file for a period of six months.