Front End Web Developer
We're looking for front end developers to join us in our office in central London, developing web tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube, Skype, PayPal and other agencies such as BBH and Mother.
This role will see you leading the technical aspects of a project with our friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you and your team in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it - people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
- Working closely with backend developers and UX designers
- Semantically marked up HTML
- CSS, including LESS & SASS
- Template engines such as Django, Jinja, or Smarty
- Working in an agency environment
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Google Apps & APIs
- Use of PaaS, such as Google App Engine, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or Windows Azure
- noSQL & SQL databases
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV, but what we would really like to see is some code you've written. A GitHub or Bitbucket URL is ideal. Please let us know whether a freelance or fulltime position is preferable, too.
If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange to have a cup of tea and a firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don't call. If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch.
We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing agencies in any way.