Django Developer - Bristol, UK
Added on January 28, 2013
Omni are a small, hard working and friendly team including a Digital Producer, Designers, Front-end and Back-end Developers all working on a wide range of exciting client based projects that range in complexity.
We work in a lovely open plan studio in central Bristol and can be flexible when it comes to hours or even working location. We work hard to ensure our staff are happy, feel valued and part of a stress free environment.
This roll is principally a Django development role, and we will be looking for these core skills:
- Python (Ideally 2 years)
- Django (Ideally 2 years)
- Linux (we use Red Hat)
- Version control (we use git)
- Web and app servers - Apache (mod_wsgi), Gunicorn, Nginx
- Experience with cloud services (particularly Rackspace cloud servers and cloud files) is useful but not essential
- Experience with payment gateways is useful
- Some experience integrating third party APIs
- Some experience with Agile workflows and methodologies
We have dedicated front-end developers, but it's important that you are comfortable with technologies across the stack - for example:
- HTML 5 and CSS3
- Photoshop (Not essential)
Our work flow processes includes:
- Planning and interactive wire framing
- User centred design
- Ticketing and estimating of all tasks
- Regular scrum meetings to discuss routes forward and blocked tasks
- Quality assurance management on staging environments
- Project retros to assess what went wrong and what went right
Benefits: - Bonuses at Christmas on on very profitable jobs - Away days - Free tea, coffee, pastries on Friday's - We all finish early on Friday. - Flexible working hours available - Pension contributions from Omni - We have a table tennis table for those that want to look away from their computer screens once in a while
We are looking for a friendly, easy going but dedicated and hard working Python back-end developer using the Django Framework. Someone that gets excited by code and gets a sense of satisfaction from producing a high quality solution to a technical challenge.
Applications: - A cover letter - A short and sweet CV - Some links to previous work or code with a description of your role in that project - Feel free to include a link to any of your code examples on github
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to hearing from you.
PLEASE NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Country: United Kingdom
Gig Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Budget: Competitive - on experience
Required to work on-site
Name: Sam Hearn
Contact Details: Contact this employer...
Contact Location: Bristol, UK