Python / Django Developer
Added on November 23, 2012
Python / Django Developer | OpenRoad
This is a full-time position.
We’ve been building complex web applications, high volume public websites and intranet software for 17 years. We’re based in Gastown with a nice office with lots of great restaurants and transportation options nearby. Perks include the usual tech company highlights – generous extended health benefits, organic food in the fridge, high-octane shade grown coffee and monthly cake and beer days. Plus, you get to work on challenging projects with fun and smart coworkers.
We do more than pay lip service to work/life balance – at OpenRoad, if you work overtime you’re paid for it. This isn’t to say there isn’t busy times, but if there are you’re always compensated.
You must possess good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to solve complex problems quickly. You must be willing to learn new technologies, keep on top of emerging trends in web application development, and have an open mind to considering different approaches to solving technical problems.
- 3-5 years software development experience, including 2%2B years of professional Django development
- Highly reliable, dependable and responsible
- Python, Django, MySQL, SVN, Teamcity, unit testing, data caching/optimizing web apps for high traffic sites.
Desirable skills and qualities
- Experience working with clients in a consulting firm
- Proficient in Linux/Unix environments
- Celery, AWS, RightScale, Enterprise CMS
- Performance tuning
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to <email@example.com>. Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What’s your preferred approach to automating Django deployments?
- What is your favorite part of Django? What is your least favorite part?
We regret that only candidates that have been selected for an interview will be notified. Thank you for your interest in OpenRoad.
Gig Location: Vancouver, Canada
Required to work on-site
Name: Darren Gibbons
Contact Details: Contact this employer...
Contact Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada