Python Web Developer
Added on October 18, 2012 and expired on November 17, 2012
We’ve got the mentality of an independent startup along with the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We've got a collaborative culture, and expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun doing it..
- An agile, fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
- A group committed to open source software and culture
- A chance to work on 20% projects full time while in our Innovations Lab (lab coat included)
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we've had seminars on subjects ranging from HTML5 video to wilderness medicine to baseball)
- Someone who doesn't believe a feature is fully shipped until it's fast and reliable
- A good communicator, student and teacher
- Someone who's contributed to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.)
- Python experience, Django expertise is a huge plus
- Passionate about web standards, usability, human-computer interaction, and information architecture
- Experience with modern UI development including: HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, node.js, Mustache templates
- A perfectionist who's comfortable with deadlines (see use of Django)
- Someone for whom REST means more than a hammock
- Someone who learns new programming languages (or text editors) for fun
Our company culture:
- Work passionately and positively
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers' needs.
Want to apply?
Send your résumé and to chris (dot) heisel (at) coxinc (dot) com
Country: United States
Gig Location: United States