Added on October 17, 2012 and expired on November 16, 2012
Interface with more than a screen.
Threespot Developers leverage their considerable technical skills not only to build the best solution for a client, but also to collaborate in its discovery and definition. Their job is to ensure that Threespot produces user experiences that are robust, efficient, and standards-compliant.
While our Developers are responsible for the development, testing, and documentation of web-based software and technical solutions, they are more than just programmers. They are involved in all stages of client engagements, from application design through specifications documentation and production programming.
Developers work collaboratively with Information Architects and Designers to define user interaction, functionality, and system requirements. They work closely with account teams and clients to identify use cases and project scope, create estimates, communicate the technical approach, and define technical requirements.
- Work collaboratively with UX and Design as a technical strategist.
- Research and prescribe application and system architecture.
- Develop technical solutions, both directly and as part of a technology team.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with Client Services team around scheduling and scope.
- Act as a technical consultant for third-party teams.
- Represent Threespot’s Technology practice internally and when interfacing with clients.
- Skilled in technical development using Python and Django; related or similar frameworks a plus (e.g. Ruby on Rails).
- Experienced with open source databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Strong working knowledge of application architecture and deployment, design patterns, and development methodologies and frameworks.
- Experienced with development using APIs, services, and/or mashups.
- Interested in learning and leveraging new solution and methodologies, with an eye towards usability.
- Familiarity with installation and administration of Linux and related software stacks (LAMP, nginx, varnish, fabric, capistrano).
Country: United States
Gig Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Budget: commensurate with experience
Required to work on-site